Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Tiffany's 2250 Blog:      It's interesting for me to sit down and consi...

Tiffany's 2250 Blog: It's interesting for me to sit down and consi...: " It's interesting for me to sit down and consider what I think is most important for students to learn. What i..."
Hey, Tiffany,
Your words are wonderful about the art and craft of teaching, the schools, the processes. I feel very similarly and am eagerly looking forward to that happy occasion. In the meantime, though, I wonder if we can sharpen our focus and say more precisely what education is. Is it a process, is it a building, is it the people? I do think education happens spontaneously as well as in a scheduled manner; I do think it can be heightened by some mechanical aspects (good school building, appropriate technology) and by many intangibles (the mix of teacher with students, the subject matter and the students all by themselves, too). I was in a class last semester that reminded me of all these things and what an extraordinary class it was. Not only did I learn, but I wanted to learn more, I didn't want to stop learning and I really didn't want the class to end. For me, that was real education. So incredibly delicious you can't bare to have it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment